Sugarloaf was a Denver , Colorado based rock & roll band in the 1970s featuring Jerry Corbetta.
The band was originally known as Chocolate Hair. They changed their name to Sugarloaf, named after a mountain range in Colorado, when they received their first recording contract.
The 1975 album Don't Call Us, We'll Call You was a re-release of their 1973 album I Got A Song, with one of the tracks on the earlier album replaced by the title track of the later album, which had become a hit single.
They are best known for two songs, both of which hit the top 10 charts in the United States: "Green-Eyed Lady" in 1970, and "Don't Call Us, We'll Call You" in 1975. Other songs which charted on the Billboard Magazine top 100 singles charts were "Mother Nature's Wine" (1971), "Tongue in Cheek" (1971), and "Stars In Our Eyes" (1976). In addition, "West of Tomorrow" and "Myra Myra" were not hit singles, but received modest airplay at the time of their release on album rock radio stations.
The song "Don't Call Us, We'll Call You" is notable because it contained a practical joke at the expense of CBS Records, which had just turned them down for a recording contract. The song includes the sound of a touch-ton telephone number being dialed. That number was an unlisted phone number at CBS Records, and would have dialed that number had a telephone been held up to the speaker as the song played.
Jerry Corbetta later went on to perform with the groups Wild Cherry (best known for their hit "Play That Funky Music"), and Disco Tex and the Sex-o-Lettes (best known for their hit "Get Dancin'").
Password : rocksoul-warriors.blogspot.com
Arquivo do blog
- ► 2011 (9)
- ► 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (24)
- ► 2008 (53)
- ► 2007 (178)
- Con Funk Shun / Electric Lady - 1985
- Johnny Rivers / Road - 1974
- Banda Black Rio / Maria Fumaça - 1977
- Jorge Ben / A Tábua de Esmeralda - 1974
- Sugarloaf / Spaceship Earth - 1971
- Sugarloaf / Sugarloaf - 1970
- Atlantic Star - 1978 - Vinyl Rip
- Kwick / Kwick - 1980
- Diana Ross & Marvin Gaye - 1973
- Best of Parliament / Give Up The Funk (1995)
- Swamp Dogg / Rat On ! - 1971
- Michael Jackson : Motown's Greatest Hits 1969 / 19...
- KC And Sunshine Band / The Best Of
- Nazareth / Hair of the Dog - 1975
- Lynyrd Skynyrd / Nuthin' Fancy - 1975
- Saturday Night Fever - 1977
- Skull Snaps / Skull Snaps - 1974
- War / The World Is a Guetto - 1972
- The Bar-Kays / Too Hot To Stop - 1976
- Brass Construction / The Best Of - 1997
- Frank Zappa / One Size Fits All - 1975
- The Beatles / The Alternate Abbey Road - 1970
- Free - Highway - 1971 / Remaster 2002
- Black Foot / Greatest Hits - 2003
- Commodores / Greatest Hits - 1995
- Chic / The Very Best of Chic - 2000
- Joe Bonamassa / A New Day Yesterday - 2000
- Crosby,Still,Nash & Young / American Dream - 1988
- Wild Cherry / Wild Cherry - 1976
- Tavares / The Best Of
- The Faces - Ooh La La - 1973
- Traffic / The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys - 1971...
- Sugarloaf - Best Of
- Kool And The Gang / The Best Of 1979 - 1987
- Faces / A Nod Is as Good as a Wink...to a Blind Ho...
- Qual dessas crianças a mamãe não passou Hipoglos ...
- Blogs que eu curto muito
- James Brown / Hell - 1974
- Blog criado para postagens de albuns de Rock & So...
- ▼ Outubro (39)
- 123 Via
- 60/70 Rock
- All in 1 Blog
- Beldades do Cinema
- Bendito Papiro
- Encruzilhada do Rock
- Hard Rock 70's
- Heavy Pussycats
- Luiz Woodstock
- Rare Soul Grooves
- Rarities Web Radio
- Slow Slow Music
- Standin' At The Crossroads
- Venenos do Rock
- Warriors Movie